Criminal Defense Attorney Greenville, SC
Facing criminal charges, despite whether you are guilty or not, can be a painful and emotionally demanding experience. That is why you need someone with considerable legal knowledge and courtroom experience to help you through the complexities of the criminal justice system.
At AnneMarie Odom Law, we are aware of the significant implications for our clients who are facing criminal charges, and our primary goal is to help them achieve the best possible outcome for their situation. If you are in need of a skilled Greenville criminal defense attorney, call the law offices of AnneMarie Odom at (864) 775-5833 today to get started.
Do You Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
If you’re asking yourself whether you need a criminal defense attorney, the answer is most likely going to be yes. In fact, it is often critical that you seek the guidance of an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible after you have been arrested or been approached by law enforcement as part of a criminal investigation.
When facing criminal charges, you should never depend on statements made by the police or investigators of your case without first meeting with a lawyer who has the necessary background and legal experience in handling cases like your own. When you seek legal counsel, your attorney has an ethical duty to protect your best interests.
So, before speaking to anyone, be sure to consult with an experienced Greenville criminal defense attorney like those at AnneMarie Odom Law to ensure you are fully aware of your legal rights and how best to safeguard them.
What Our Greenville Criminal Defense Attorney Can Do For You
Criminal defense attorneys have a difficult task ahead of them. Every situation is unique to each individual client, and different defense strategies may be required based on these circumstances. Before taking you on as a client, a criminal defense lawyer like AnneMarie Odom will meet with you for a consultation regarding the details of your case.
During your consultation, you will supply her with as much information as possible. She will then be able to explain to you what the progression of your case will likely entail as well as the potential repercussions that may come with a conviction.
Once a formal attorney-client relationship has been established, AnneMarie Odom will guide you through the legal process while building and strengthening your defense. More of what you can expect AnneMarie Odom to handle in terms of legal responsibilities include:
- Examining the findings/discovery
- Creating a defense strategy
- Conducting interviews with key witnesses
- Witness selection
- Conducting research on similar legal cases
- Conducting meetings to discuss specifics of your case
- Collecting and analyzing evidence
- Advising you on legal matters
- Consulting with expert witnesses
- Drafting motions for trial
- Filing a motion for dismissal, if applicable
- Providing information and advice regarding possible plea deals
- Working to get the best plea deal on your behalf
- Selecting a jury
- Defending you in a court of law
Types of Cases We Handle
At AnneMarie Odom Law, we defend our clients against a number of different crimes. More specifically, we handle criminal cases involving:
- Violent Crimes Defense, such as homicide, manslaughter, kidnapping, burglary in the first degree, and assault & battery of a high and aggravated nature (ABHAN)
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crimes such as money laundering, embezzlement and fraud
- Property Crimes, including vandalism, burglary, and arson charges
- Federal Charges including federal investigations and indictments
- Weapons Charges, such as illegal firearm possession
- Drug Crimes such as drug trafficking, possession with intent to distribute, manufacturing, distribution, and drug possession
- Theft Crimes, including shoplifting, robbery, and grand larceny
- DUI Defense
- Title IX Investigations
- Labor, Licensing & Regulation (LLR) Matters
Criminal Lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina
When a person is charged with a crime, the stakes are high. His or her liberty, as well as their professional career and reputation in society, may be in serious jeopardy. AnneMarie Odom Law can help protect your freedom.
AnneMarie’s strong legal background, proactive defense strategies and attention to detail increase the chances of a successful conclusion, whether it is a case dismissal, a reduction in charge, an acquittal at trial or a reduction in fines. Whatever the best possible outcome is for your specific case, we will do whatever it takes to achieve it.
If you’ve been charged a crime in South Carolina, don’t wait any longer. Contact the experienced Greenville criminal defense attorneys at AnneMarie Odom Law today.
— OR —